The Surprising Fragility of Procurement Decisions
On-demand | 1:00:14
With higher scrutiny and policy tightening, procurement teams must be confident in their ability to make fair, transparent, and robust procurement decisions. Recognizing and mitigating risk is a well-honed skill in procurement professionals’ arsenal already. However there are some areas of risk which are not immediately apparent.
Drawing on an analysis of $3B in procurement decisions made in the Bonfire Strategic Sourcing Platform, this webinar investigates three key components in the RFP process to determine their impact on the performance and outcome of your RFPs:
- Project structure: does the level of structure of a project affect its performance and outcome?
- Price – weight sensitivity: how sensitive is the final selection to the weighting of price?
- Evaluator disposition: do evaluators have persistent dispositions in their scoring, and how does that impact the decision-making process?
These insights inform advice on how better tools can help teams eliminate risk and make procurement decisions with certainty.
Moderated by Patrick Moore, Senior Fellow, Centre for Digital Government, with expert commentary from:
- Diane Moore, Manager, Consulting – Procurement, BDO
- Corry Flatt, CEO, Bonfire
- James Barr, Director of Product Development, Bonfire